CONSTRUCTION DATES: April 9, 2018 – July, 2018
WORK HOURS: Monday – Friday, 6 am to 6 pm.
Construction schedule is subject to change, night and weekend work may occur if necessary.
PROJECT LOCATION: 51st AVENUE AND BROADWAY ROAD INTERSECTION
As part of completing the Avenida Rio Salado (ARS) Broadway Road improvements, the contractor will change the current
traffic control set-up at the 51st Avenue and Broadway Road Intersection. The temporary traffic configuration will be in
place for approximately three months.
- Installation of new bus bays in the southwest and northeast quadrant of the Intersection.
- Dual designated left-hand turn lanes for westbound Broadway Road traffic.
- Installation of the center medians at 51st Avenue
- Northbound traffic on 51st Avenue will be reduced to two lanes.
- Southbound traffic on 51st Avenue will be reduced to one lane with
no left-hand turns at the intersection.
- Traffic control will remain in place during working and non-working
- Access to businesses, homes and bus stops will be maintained during
- Pedestrian access will be detoured to ensure public safety.